Thursday, December 4, 2008

Mixed Feelings

Believe it or not this is the final blog entry for my English class! Although I’ve been waiting for this day for a long time, I also feel sad (well at least a little) that I probably will not write so much about my opinion ever again.
Doing about 30 entries for the last few months had its own ups and downs. I had absolutely hated the fact that I had to do 1000 words every single week on a specific topic in fashion. But by doing this I also learned so much about what’s out there in the fashion world while voicing out my opinions to you guys. I had looked at more store catalogs and bargains than I have in my entire life. Because of this I could see why the mannequins in the stores had a particular dress on.
Enough about my opinion on these blog entries…it’s now time for some fashion tips (like always)! As this is the last blog entry, I don’t want to go into a specific topic; instead we are going to go over some random tips that can make a difference in getting hired at a top notch company or being dumped by a hot girl/boy!
Fashion for Nerds has some valuable tips that are ideally directed for men, but these tips are useful for the women too (in case you don’t already know them!)

1. Ask advice from the right source: most women are experts when concerned about fashion; therefore you ought to go to them first. These women can be your girlfriends, best buddies or even sisters (not evil ones who will give you bad advice deliberately!), but definitely not your mom as she will agree with whatever you like.

2. Get rid of worn out clothes: these include your lovely pair of blue jean that has a small hole near the butt (from personal experience I know it can be hard but hey you can always get a new one!). Also clothes that have discolored after many washes/uses need to be thrown into the trash. If you really want to preserve some good dress then you should try out the new Tide.

3. Don’t reveal sweat: doing this after a heavy workout is totally fine but not at other times. Although you can get away with it by telling your friends that you just came from a long swim (not my advice but Zach’s (aka – Shirley!) from The Suite Life of Zach and Cody – Season 2 episode 45). This is probably not going to work always so the best bet is that you layer up with t-shits or undershirt so that your sweat is absorbed. Using a nice scent/cologne is always a good idea.
4. Electronic gadgets have better places: do you think that your new i-phone is really cool? Well you can show off that but not by wearing it on the belt. No matter how cool something is, don’t ever wear it on an outfit; it can only dress you down. Instead go for nice handbags/totes/office bags that can be used for different things.
5. Posture: all the above tips are good but a bad posture makes people not notice how well you are dressed. Standing/sitting up straight conveys the message that you smart, attentive and ready to get down to business. Well I don’t know about you but I you prefer being thought of as a smart person instead of a dull person.
Hopefully these tips help shape your lives for the better.
Have a merry Christmas and a wonderful year ahead!

3 comments:

Kaleem said...

Does Walmart Take Apple Pay

Kaleem said...

tanfolyam

CRKB IT SOLUTION PVT LTD said...

Always look forward for such nice post & finally I got you. Really very impressive post & glad to read this.
Architects in Indore
Civil Contractors in Indore
i heard about this blog & get actually whatever i was finding. Nice post love to read this blog

Approved Auditor in DAFZA
Approved Auditor in RAKEZ
Approved Auditor in JAFZA
Approved Auditor in DMCC

Good luck & keep writing such awesome content.

Virgin Linseed Oil BP
flaxseed oil
cms ed



------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I always search such wonderful blog and after so many efforts finally I got you. Keep writing the same
Pharmacy home delivery in UAE
Pharmacy near Business Bay