Thursday, December 4, 2008

Salon Style

I hate it when I get my hair styled at the salon and then try to do it myself back at home but it never turns out the same. Why can’t I do it just like they did it? This just isn’t fair. There’s got to be a special way they do it that no one else is allowed to figure out. Ha, no there isn’t. I found the secrets… They can’t hide them for forever. Nice try beauticians. But I’ve got it all figured out now. Ladies, hope these tips I found actually work for you!

How is it that the beautician can straighten my hair and give it volume at the same time? And why in the world can’t I do this myself? Well I found out just how to give my hair volume and be straight all at the same time. It all starts with the drying of your hair. Volume comes from the roots of your hair. So to receive this volume at your roots; start by blow drying your hair in the opposite direction in which it typically sits. After your roots are dry, use a brush to continue drying your hair. Finish straightening your hair with a flatiron. Keep in mind that you want straight hair not flat hair so don’t go overboard with the flatiron.

Want to have curly hair just like the salon stylists do it? It’s easy. The first step is to apply a curl defining smooth cream to your wet or damp hair. Next, use a diffuser to dry your hair. Start by drying your roots first. After your roots are dry, flip your head over and dry from underneath. This will allow natural curls to form. After your hair is completely dry, use a curling iron to add spiral curls randomly throughout your hair. Try to use a curling iron closest to the size of your natural curls. Once you are all finished adding curls, finish with hairspray so your curls do not drop throughout the day.



Everyone wants volume in their hair right? Can’t figure out how the stylist does it? Try this. The first step is movement. Separate your hair into 2-inch sections and blow dry them using a round brush. Make sure this brush is large for volume. Once your hair is completely dry, add just a little bit of hairspray all over. Next, fluff your hair with your fingers and then add those old fashion Velcro rollers to the crown of your head. Remove the rollers after a while and backcomb the rest of your hair. This will bring maximum volume to your hair! Try and stay away from extra firm hold hairspray.
I always hate it when I try and style my hair like the salon stylist does. Finding these tips will definitely help me when styling my hair. Though it may take me a couple tries, I think I will eventually be able to figure it out. We’ll see though. I’ll keep everyone updated on my hair styling trials. And any extras tips and/or hints I figure out I’ll be sure to let everyone know. Same goes for the rest of you. Good luck styling your hair! Have fun ladies!

1 comment:

comfort car service 47 comfort limousine 9 said...

thank you so much for sharing all this info with us. it is so appreciated.
comfort car service 47
comfort limousine 9