Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fall Fashion: Turtleneck Sweaters







This fall's fashion is becoming more evident as we become closer and closer to the changing leaves and the blue skies of typical fall weather. I've noticed many different styles and trends as I've looked in several teen stores in the mall. One fashion trend that has really caught my eye is the turtleneck sweater. I've seen these in several stores I've been too like Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, and Wet Seal. I think turtleneck sweaters are very classy. Very business-like. Not only will these sweaters make you look fabulous but they will also keep you nice and warm on that cool September morning. These sweaters don't have to be expensive either. Yes, of course you can get your designer brand sweater for $268 from Juicy Couture or a cheaper sweater for $39 at Victoria's Secret.I personally like the new image of turtleneck sweaters. I really like the classy look more girls are starting to wear. I think I'm going to go but myself a classy turtleneck sweater next time I'm at the mall.



Here are some reasons why turtlenecks have become so classic according to http://www.fashion.about.com/:





  • "The turtleneck brings your face into focus.




  • A mock turtleneck is a good option if you don't like the bulk of a true turtleneck (it's the same height, only the fabric doesn't fold back over).




  • Stick with cozy, touchable materials for your turtleneck sweater because anything itchy or scratchy is unbearable on your sensitive neck area.




  • The black turtleneck is the ultimate classic because it creates a blank palette to show off wonderful necklaces, cuff bracelets or just a pretty face."


These tips and reasons were very helpful to me so I wanted to share them with you. Hope they persuade you to buy a turtleneck sweater for this fall. I plan to see many girls this fall wearing turtleneck sweaters. Including myself. Find out more Fall Fashion next time...

5 comments:

daydreamer said...

I LOVE this look! I've seen this look around before and I totally agree. Its classy and sophisticated yet still very "in". I'm also glad to see more and more girls dressing like this instead of showing more and more skin! =]

fashionista said...

Thanks TrendyGirl for all the insight on turtle necks! As one very interested in fashion myself I have to agree that turtle necks are a classic and timeless piece. You can dress them up with leggings and heels or just throw a turtle neck on with jeans and flats! I think that turtle necks will be a great staple item for everyone to own this season. Thanks for posting a few stores that carry this item! For all you web shoppers I have a few suggestions. Check out Shopinuition.com, Delias.com and Alloy.com. They usually have a great fall lines with many different styles of turtle necks and other sweaters! I really enjoyed your entry!

Allison said...

I love how you included links to a high-end turtleneck (Juicy) and a low-end one (Victoria's Secret) as well. Way to make fashion democratic!

Unknown said...

Wow This is my first visit to such a good blog, I see now is a person to create these incredible articles, given the topic. In fact, I value your efforts! Adhere to these locations is very good folks! Partywear saree

Indian Wedding Menswear said...

Indian Fashion Salwar Kameez and Kurtis are all the way comfortable yet elegant and easy to wear. World famous Anarkali Salwar Suits, Salwar Kameez and Churidar Kameez are loved by women of all ages. Flaunt your style quotient at festive occasions or family functions by shopping online for kurtas, kurtis, salwar kameez, tunics, festive wear salwar suits, accessories and more. Girls nowadays wear Kurti over jeans, Salwar, Pant, Capri and even a skirt. Indian Kurtis (Tunic/Tops) are accepted worldwide. Salwar kameez